COVID Safe Operations
Updated 27 November 2021
Canberra Theatre Centre is currently open and operating at 100% capacity, and we look forward to welcoming you to the theatre.
Your safety is our priority
The safety of our audience, staff, and performance companies are always our priority. It’s important to us that you feel safe and secure before and during your visit to Canberra Theatre Centre, and we know that you have questions about what we’re doing. The actions that we outline here are not exhaustive, but we hope that you find them reassuring.
What are we doing to keep you safe?
We’re operating in accordance with the Canberra Theatre Centre COVID Safe Plan, and in accordance with the current Public Health Directions put in place by the ACT Chief Health Officer. The ACT Chief Health Officer has endorsed our COVID Safe Plan.
Our COVID-safe measures include:
- You may receive information before your performance (keep an eye on your email!) about when to arrive to help us maintain physical distancing in the foyer spaces.
- For performances when the Canberra Theatre and The Playhouse are in operation at similar times, we keep our audiences separate. How you enter the building, and the location of bars and toilets may be different from usual.
- Enhanced cleaning of our public spaces
- Hand sanitiser stations throughout the theatre for your use
- Checking your green tick on the CBR Check-In App when you arrive
- Training our teams in infection prevention and COVID safety
Let’s stay safe together
While at the theatre:
- When you arrive, please check in as you enter the auditorium via the Check In CBR app, available from the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store
- Please maintain good hand hygiene
- Cloaking is unavailable, so please don’t bring bags to the theatre, and take your coat with you to your seat
- We encourage you to wear a mask
- Please remain in your seat during the performance
- Please move through the foyers and open spaces with physical distancing considerations in mind
Stay home if you’re feeling unwell. Please don’t come to the theatre if you:
- Are sick, or suffering any COVID-19 symptoms
- Are awaiting results for, or have tested positive to COVID-19
- Have been advised to self-isolate or quarantine
- Have recently been to a location currently listed as a COVID area of concern