The search is on for Australia’s funniest teen 2017!
This one-of-a-kind, national secondary school comedy competition encourages people from Years 9–12 to unleash their comedic voice either through stand up, sketch or musical comedy—any format goes provided it’s between 3–5 minutes long!
Registrations for the 2017 Class Clowns competition are now open.
Participant entry is FREE!
- Open to secondary students in Years 9–12 or 14–18 years old
- 3–5 minute time limit for acts
- Up to three people in an act
- Routines must be original, well-rehearsed, avoid the offensive, and funny!
- Sketch acts, stand up, physical, musical… ANY style of comedy welcome
How it works:
- Heats around the country during March 2017 start with a two hour workshop/rehearsal with a professional comedian to help polish your act
- Then the show kicks off with our comedian as MC (audience most welcome and actively encouraged!), entrants are selected by guest judges to go through to State Finals
- State Final winners are flown to the National Grand Final in Melbourne to perform and be in the running to win a $2,500 prize package.
Past participants have gone on to be funny as a career – Josh Thomas, Tom Ballard, and YouTube sensation Neel Kolhatkar to name a few.
Hosted by a special guest comedian, you can register your act for free via www.classclowns.com.au.
Would you like to be in the audience? CLICK HERE to purchase tickets.
If you’re a school group and you would like to book, download and fill out the booking form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Melbourne International Comedy Festival and Canberra Theatre Centre in association with Canberra Comedy Festival.
Tuesday 21 March, Term 1, Week 8
The Courtyard Studio, Canberra Theatre Centre
2pm–4pm workshop / 5pm performance