Thursday 19 July 2018
Grammy-Award winning, multi-platinum-selling artists BEN HARPER and CHARLIE MUSSELWHITE are bringing their second joint album No Mercy in This Land to stages across Australia this July.
These shows follow their announcement as headliners at the now sold-out 2018 Splendour in the Grass Festival in Byron Bay.
Touring as a five piece line up, Ben and Charlie are continuing their 5 year-old collaboration, releasing their first new music together since the 2013 release of their collaborative album Get Up! which debuted at No. 1 on Billboard’s Blues Albums Chart, winning a Grammy Award in 2014 for Best Blues Album. A musical expression of the kinship between the two, the album recounts both Ben and Charlie’s personal stories and adds to the sonic history of American struggle and survival.
At first glance, Ben Harper and Charlie Musselwhite might seem an unlikely pairing. While Ben grew up in in the tree lined Southern California college town of Claremont, a bastion of culture and liberalism just east of Los Angeles, Charlie was raised in Memphis during the time of rockabilly and Sun Records. But while the two might have come to their musical knowledge in different eras and places, each of them possesses an enduring hunger for musical knowledge that came to them early.
The great Willie Dixon called blues, “the facts of life expressed through words and song.” No Mercy In This Land is that kind of record. It’s the sound of pain and perseverance, it’s a meditative church and a roaring fuzzed out celebration. Experience two unimaginably talented musicians as Ben Harper and Charlie Musselwhite hit the road this July across Australia.
Canberra Ticketing and Canberra Theatre Centre are the authorised ticket sellers for this event
Please be aware that the Canberra Theatre Centre has no obligation to honour tickets purchased via unauthorised re-sellers. If you attend the event with a ticket purchased via an unauthorised re-seller such as Ticketmaster Resale, Viagogo, Ticketbis, eBay, Gumtree, Tickets Australia or otherwise, you may be refused entry to the event.
Please read about our stance on scalping here.
TBC. Please note there is a lockout during songs. Patrons will be admitted during a suitable break in the performance.
Concession prices not available for all shows. Where Concession prices are listed, proof of eligibility for Concession must be presented to Canberra Ticketing staff upon collection of tickets or full price may be charged. Eligible Concession may include Pensioner, Full Time Student, Seniors, Unemployed, Under 27 or Child (15 years and under) and are at the discretion of the show. Not all types of Concessions may apply for the show you have selected.
Hot Seat Terms and Conditions
- Please ensure the contact details you provided at the point of purchase are up to date. These will be the details used to communicate all VIP experience information.
- Check-in location and times will be emailed out by VIP Nation within approximately 7 days prior to show day. If you have not received this 5 days before the show please contact us immediately at email@example.com.
- Proof of purchase (confirmation email) will be required in order to check-in and receive your package benefits.
- NO REFUNDS will be given under any circumstances except in the case of concert/entire program cancellation.
- Experience details subject to change without notice.
- If applicable, Early Entry refers to first access onto the floor, there is no sectioned off area (unless otherwise stated).
- If applicable, merchandise item/s will be available for pick-up the night of the show.
- Please note that the merchandise item listed is subject to availability and that VIP Nation have the right to exchange the item with another item of equal value.
- Collectible laminate is commemorative only and does not gain or authorise access into the venue or backstage areas.
- Any enquiries about your Experience can be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org