Saturday 9 September 2017
Live Nation and BBC Worldwide are proud to announce the first live tour to Australia for award-winning UK TV science presenter and New York Times bestselling author Dr Michael Mosley.
In his live show, Michael Mosley, the man behind the iconic 5:2 Diet, will take you on a journey exploring fascinating health myths and facts with exciting experiments and an interactive Q&A.
With special guest host Julia Zemiro, this promises to be both a fun and enlightening evening with one of the world’s most foremost health authors and science presenters. The live show presents a compelling snapshot of Michael Mosley – the nature of his enquiry, his discoveries about the world we live in and indeed us.
Winner of EMMY and BAFTA awards for his Horizon documentary, Michael has written three international best sellers: The Fast Diet (also known as the 5:2 Diet); Fast Exercise; and The 8-Week Blood Sugar Diet. His books have sold in more than 42 countries.
Michael’s latest groundbreaking book, The Clever Guts Diet, provides scientifically proven ways to control your appetite and boost your mood and will be released in Australia in June.
Michael has also made many television series’ for BBC One, Two, Three and Four including: Inside the Human Body; The Young Ones; The Story of Science; Trust Me, I’m a Doctor; Pain, Pus and Poison: The Search for Modern Medicines; Truth About Exercise; and Eat, Fast and Live Longer. His latest television series, Meet the Humans, screens on SBS in Australia late in 2017.
Michael studied politics, philosophy and economics at Oxford University. He worked as a banker in London for two years before switching careers to study medical psychology at the Royal Free Hospital Medical School in London.
After his training in medicine he again diverted his career by moving into television production at the BBC in 1985. In 1995 he was named Medical Journalist of the Year by the British Medical Association.
As an executive producer Michael was responsible for some of the most successful international science and history documentaries of the past decade, including Supervolcano, Krakatoa, Pompeii – the Last Day, Superhuman and The Human Face with John Cleese in 2001.
Canberra Ticketing and Canberra Theatre Centre are the authorised ticket sellers for this event
Please be aware that the Canberra Theatre Centre has no obligation to honour tickets purchased via unauthorised re-sellers. If you attend the event with a ticket purchased via an unauthorised re-seller such as Ticketmaster Resale, Viagogo, Ticketbis, eBay, Gumtree, Tickets Australia or otherwise, you may be refused entry to the event.
Please read about our stance on scalping here.
Canberra Theatre Centre, Live Nation & BBC Worldwide
Approximately 150 minutes, including interval
This show is not suitable for children.
Concession prices not available for all shows. Where Concession prices are listed, proof of eligibility for Concession must be presented to Canberra Ticketing staff upon collection of tickets or full price may be charged. Eligible Concession may include Pensioner, Full Time Student, Seniors, Unemployed, Under 27 or Child (15 years and under) and are at the discretion of the show. Not all types of Concessions may apply for the show you have selected.
VIP Add On information
- Please ensure the contact details you provided at point of purchase are up to date. These will be the details used to communicate all VIP package information.
- Check-in location and time information will be emailed out by Canberra Theatre Centre approximately 7 days prior to show day. If you have not received this 5 days before the show please contact us immediately at email@example.com. This is a post show event.
- Proof of purchase (Your VIP Add-on ticket) will be required in order to check-in and receive your package benefits.
- Package details subject to change without notice.
- NO REFUNDS will be given under any circumstances except in the case of concert/entire program cancellation.
- If applicable, merchandise item/s will be available for pick-up the night of the show.
- Any enquiries about your package can be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.