COVID Safe Operations
Updated 29 April 2022
Canberra Theatre Centre is currently open and operating at 100% capacity, and we look forward to welcoming you to the theatre.
Your safety is our priority
The safety of our audience, staff, and performance companies are always our priority. It’s important to us that you feel safe and secure before and during your visit to Canberra Theatre Centre, and we know that you have questions about what we’re doing. The actions that we outline here are not exhaustive, but we hope that you find them reassuring.
What are we doing to keep you safe?
We’re operating in accordance with the Canberra Theatre Centre COVID Safe Plan, and in accordance with the current Public Health Directions put in place by the ACT Chief Health Officer. The ACT Chief Health Officer has endorsed our COVID Safe Plan.
Our COVID-safe measures include:
- You may receive information before your performance (keep an eye on your email!) about when to arrive to help us maintain physical distancing in the foyer spaces.
- The Canberra Theatre Centre no longer requires mandatory CBR Check In. However our QR codes will continue to be displayed at Box Office and foyer spaces for voluntary use by patrons.
- For performances when the Canberra Theatre and The Playhouse are in operation at similar times, how you enter the building, and the location of bars and toilets may be different from usual.
- Enhanced cleaning of our public spaces.
- Hand sanitiser stations throughout the theatre for your use.
- Training our teams in infection prevention and COVID safety.
Let’s stay safe together
While at the theatre:
- Please maintain good hand hygiene
- Cloaking is unavailable, so please don’t bring bags to the theatre, and take your coat with you to your seat
- Please note that we are a cashless venue
- Mask wearing is encouraged while visiting Canberra Theatre Centre. Read ACT Health’s full face mask requirements here, including instructions on how to correctly wear a face mask.
- Please remain in your seat during the performance
- Please move through the foyers and open spaces with physical distancing considerations in mind
Stay home if you’re feeling unwell. Please don’t come to the theatre if you:
- Are sick, or suffering any COVID-19 symptoms
- Are awaiting results for, or have tested positive to COVID-19
- Have been advised to self-isolate or quarantine