Location & Parking
Where is Canberra Theatre Centre?
Canberra Theatre Centre is located in Civic Square on London Circuit, Canberra City.
Canberra Theatre Centre features three main performance venues:
Map of Canberra Theatre Centre, including car parks
Car Parking Changes & Roadwork
Construction has begun on the Light Rail to Woden project, including Raising London Circuit. We advise that you plan your visit with additional time to locate parking nearby, as there may be an increased demand on available parking space at the Canberra Theatre Centre.
There may also be some adjustments to traffic conditions on Constitution Avenue, London Circuit, and surrounding roads.
London Circuit closure detours
London Circuit is now closed between Edinburgh Avenue and Constitution Avenue. There will be significant traffic changes in the area, including lane closures on London Circuit and Constitution Avenue. Both cloverleaf ramps from Commonwealth Avenue to Parkes Way and London Circuit will be permanently closed.
Please visit the Built for CBR Travel Impacts website to view further information, including detour maps. You can also sign up to receive email updates on Construction Look Aheads, Project Updates and Travel Impacts to inform your journey planning.
Where can I park?
There are a number of car parking options available to Canberra Theatre Centre patrons:
- Theatre Lane car park – Located to the north of the Canberra Theatre Centre, at the corner of London Circuit and Theatre Lane.
- ACT Government surface car park at Constitution Avenue – Located on the corner of London Circuit and Constitution Avenue.
- Constitution Place underground car park – The closest car park to Canberra Theatre Centre, which can be accessed via Constitution Avenue. The car park is open 24 hours, seven days with night rates applied for entry after 5pm daily. Visit constitutionplace.com.au for parking rates.
- Canberra Centre car parks – There are number of undercover areas to securely park at the Canberra Centre. More details and pricing can be found at Canberra Centre – Parking.
- National Convention Centre – Located off Constitution Avenue, covered and secure parking is available at the National Convention Centre. More details and price can be found at Visit Information – National Convention Centre Canberra.
- ACT Government surface car park at Canberra Olympic Pool – located at 36 Constitution Avenue.
- ACT Government surface car park opposite CIT Reid – located at the corner of Constitution Avenue and Coranderrk Street
- ACT Magistrates Court parking area – located on the northern side of London Circuit, entrance off London Circuit at Knowles Place.
ACT Government surface car park information
Evening paid parking is in effect until 10.30pm on weekdays and weekends. Fees are currently payable in most car parks until 5.30pm Monday to Friday and in some cases between 8.30am and 12pm on Saturday. The car parks allow for parking at pro rata rates with a maximum fee of $6 payable after 5.30pm Monday to Thursday, after 9pm Friday, after 12pm on Saturday and all day on Sunday.
Drivers should check ticket machines carefully to ensure they pay the correct fee and abide by any time restrictions. For more information visit the Access Canberra Parking website.
Ticket machine options to pay for parking are coins ($2, $1, 50c, 20c, 10c), Visa and Mastercard credit cards and, a smart phone application. ‘EasyPark’ that is free to download via the App Store and Play Store. If paying for your parking using the ‘EasyPark’ app, you do not need to print or display a parking ticket as parking inspectors are able to electronically verify if payment for a session (and vehicle) has been made via the EasyPark app. If paying for your parking using coins or credit card, please note that your ticket is not valid unless it is displayed face up on the dashboard of the vehicle, with the expiry time and all other inscriptions visible to a Parking Officer from outside of the car.
Disabled car parks are located in the Theatre Lane car park, behind the Canberra Museum & Gallery, and in the ACT Government Surface Car Park at Constitution Avenue. Detailed locations can be seen on the map above.